Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach & Novotel Wollongong Northbeach are beachside hotels, with resort style facilities and a focus on events and business travel. Owned by Oscars Hotels, both properties are part of the Accor network of 5,100 hotels globally.
We are looking for an energetic & motivated sales professional to represent both properties across multiple market segments, with a focus on Corporate & Business Groups. This is a wonderful opportunity the right person can really make the role their own.
What is the role all about?
- Undertake proactive sales activities including sales calls and appointments to identify new sources of corporate and business groups
- Negotiate corporate rates with new corporate accounts and travel management companies.
- Account manage an extensive portfolio of corporate accounts to foster the relationships and grow market share.
- Provide quotes for group enquiries.
- Complete and submit hotel RFP’s.
- Drive the sales culture across the hotels and conference centre to ensure sales leads and opportunities are followed up.
- Prepare any other reports required by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Business Groups / MICE
- Business Development and Account Management within the MICE sectors, focusing on increasing demand and conversion.
- Conduct client sales calls, host client site inspections and plan and execute hotel famils
- Conduct market research to source new MICE business
- Providing market intelligence to the Sales & Marketing team on a regular basis and understanding of competitors strengths weaknesses and sales promotions
- Liaise with Accor National Sales & MICE team to ensure hotels has access to key accounts and maximise any sales opportunities.
- Assist in developing sales strategies for the event segment and implement and monitor effectiveness of same.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with specific conference and incentive companies / PCO’s to ensure hotel secures new business.
- Participate and represent hotel at key industry / trade events that will ensure an appropriate return on investment.
- Work with the Events Team to identify and convert sales leads
What you need to be successful:
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Proven sales experience within the hotel market or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills with guests and colleagues
- Driven to achieve results and deliver luxury experiences for our guests
- Exceptional relationship management
- A proactive approach to securing business
- Immaculate personal presentation
This is a full time position and must travel between Sydney and Wollongong essential.
In return for your commitment, we provide fantastic career and training opportunities and excellent working conditions with a supportive and fun team.
In addition, we will provide you with hotel discounts and benefits worldwide. Click ‘Apply’ to begin your journey