Right on the doorstep of some of Tamworth’s best sights and attractions, the hotel established in 1962, ibis Styles Tamworth an icon of Tamworth’s history was once reckoned to be the largest country Hotel in Australia and the longest Hotel in the Southern Hemisphere. Featuring 111 guest rooms in a variety of configurations and styles to suit each individual traveler. This Hotel promises comfort and convenience.
Are you a day brightener? A story Spotter? Are you someone who loves to create meaningful connections with both guests and colleagues? Ibis Styles Tamworth is currently seeking a Duty Manager to join their professional and dynamic Hotel.
Reporting directly to the Hotel Manager.
We’re on the search for a dynamic, innovative, and creative individual. The Conferencing & Events Sales Coordinator will motivate and drive this prominent and multi-faceted operation, demonstrating operational excellence, leadership, and vision. This is a great opportunity for an event focused hospitality professional.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the conferencing & events Sales Coordinator will have a strong background in events, conferencing, and weddings on a large scale. You have the opportunity to bring your personality and sense of fun to work and be surrounded by an amazing team.
We are seeking a passionate & enthusiastic Conference & Events Sales Coordinator to join our team.
As our next Conference & Events Sales Coordinator, you will:
- Assist with all sales enquiries into the Hotel and prompt issuing of conference & accommodation quotes and contracts
- Liaise with clients in the lead up to, during and following their events
- Follow up on sales leads and conducting site inspections of the hotel and conference spaces.
- Prepare and distribute event orders to the various hotel departments in a timely and accurate manner
- Process conference charges and implementing payment terms per company policies
- Ensure the smooth operation of conferences and events at the hotel including setup & pack down.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with prior conference and event coordination experience
- Previous experience in restaurant or events
- Event planning or operational supervisor responsibilities highly regarded
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft and strong written communication skills
- Previous experience with property management systems
- Experience within sales or exposure to client management techniques is preferred
Why work for Accor?
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
In return for your commitment, we provide fantastic career and training opportunities and excellent working conditions with a supportive and fun team. In addition, we will provide you with hotel discounts and benefits worldwide.